Most undesirable behaviours are not behaviour problems and even if they are, they can often be easily managed and can be solved through many different positive and permanent behaviour modification techniques
As a cat behaviourist I have learned throughout the years that many owners don’t have knowledge of basic behaviour modification techniques to change their cat’s behaviour or their emotion about a certain situation or trigger in the environment. Often aversive punishment (like yelling, pushing, scaring the cat away etc.) is used while this is literally the only technique we never want to use!
In this super important and exciting chapter, we will go deep into many different techniques to change your cat’s behaviour, in a way that your cat does not feel stressed and you can achieve a positive and permanent outcome. A win-win for everyone!
PS: these techniques also work on husbands, colleagues, toddlers, dogs and other animals, just saying :).
Video time: minutes
Audio time: minutes
Word count: 9215 words
- STEP 41 - Healthy or Sick?
- STEP 42 - Supermarket Phase
- STEP 43 - Prevention
- STEP 44 - Safety Policy
- STEP 45 - Behaviour Modification
- STEP 46 - Reinforce desirable behaviours
- STEP 47 - Discourage unwanted behaviours
- STEP 48 - Using punishment in the right way
- STEP 49 - Desensitisation
- STEP 50 - Creating new associations